Saturday 30 January 2016

Petronas Gallery

We went to Petronas Gallery on 26th Jan. The title of the exhibition is tanah air ku.
Went through the gallery, we could see it featured Petronas commercials, print ads, and some real life scenes that brought us into the story. The commercials and every settings in the gallery were related to Malaysian such as the historical event of 513 commercial, some true stories being filmed into commercials: Tan Hong Ming In love & Sampai Hati, typical Malaysia classroom settings, congkak and so on.

tanah air ku is accurately titled as such because as we could see, there were all stories happened in Malaysia, doesn't matter or emphasize on any particular race. It even touched my heart with the commercial of 'Aiman Gyver' which is a Malay TV commercial. On the other hand, I love how Malaysians being portrayed in those commercials to tell stories through different decades. Besides, I was impressed with the settings that being set up in gallery as well, where we could truly feel ourselves into the scenes.

This is the section of 'Aiman Gyver' commercial yet I liked the most. While the commercial was being played, the settings around was indirectly bringing me into it. I could really feel Aiman, the environment he grown up, with all the cars which shown in the TV commercial too, and the wall which fulls off little notes written by kids. I was really impressed with the humor script of this commercial. The settings around built the commercial into another stage where we would find it so real and appropriate too. I don't find this section is 100% related to the overall theme of the exhibition which is tanah air ku as the commercial is telling about the story between a father and a son. Nonetheless, it might be a story which happens in a typical and traditional kampung in Malaysia though.



I really enjoyed in this field trip. I had never thought that Malaysia has so many potential and touching commercials being filmed. I can't wait for the next Petronas commercial !!

No comments:

Post a Comment